14300 Alton Parkway Irvine, CA 92618
Ensures performance to the master production schedule to achieve division objectives for customer service, inventory levels, and configuration management.
Plans, prepares, issues, and controls difficult production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Determines production priorities by studying master production schedule and customer requirements.
- Acts as a primary customer contact for matters regarding production status, schedule changes, shipping information, and returned material. May adjust master schedule in response to customer feedback/requirements and manufacturing capacity.
- Identifies variety of raw material and component requirements for production from engineering and production specifications and schedules of diverse or difficult scope and complexity. Ensures accurate item master file and bill of material.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed. Evaluates, recommends, and implements changes to the overall planning process consistent with continuous improvement goals.
- Coordinates cross-functional activities with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Inventory Control, Shipping/Receiving, and Contract Administration to ensure a smooth flow of materials through the production process and consistent information regarding status and priorities.
- Evaluates materials supply and demands. Prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts to support a master production schedule, shop load, and inventory requirements. Coordinates material movements between internal work and storage areas and/or outside processing or suppliers to ensure materials are available when needed.
- Schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders and/or stock transfers to meet customer shipping dates and minimize inventory.
- Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems. May lead or be assigned to a special project team.
- Analyzes inventory usage, scrap, and shrinkage. Recommends and implements any appropriate actions to minimize loss, reduce inventory, and/or increase inventory turnover that would support inventory level objectives.
- Analyzes proposed changes in methods, schedules, and materials. Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses.
- Resolves problems concerning overshipments, shortages, engineering changes, and cancellation of orders.
- Maintains configuration control on all open orders and appropriate data files as required by division policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical or trade publications, establishing networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
- Complies with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions. Complies with policies and procedures in Government/Commercial Practices Manual (GPM/CPM).
- May provide leadership to others in department. Acts as prime contact on high level projects. Establishes goals and objectives required to complete projects. Trains and mentors less experienced employees.
- Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on high-level projects. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’ s degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through six or more years of related experience.
- CPIM certified required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing resources planning theories, principles, and industry practices.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing resource planning systems, business application software, and interface operations.
- Ability to effective assess and implement continuous improvement methods (e.g. pull systems, process mapping, JIT).
- Knowledge of legal, regulatory, and internal policy requirements related to production control.
- Ability to work on a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis and evaluation of various outcomes require tradeoffs.
- Ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways and evaluate alternative solutions that may require coordination across multiple teams.
- Ability to establish goals and objectives to complete projects.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies and recommend changes to procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management.
- Ability to respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.