300 West 6th Street Momence, IL 60954
The Plant Engineer will be overseeing all plant expansion projects including buying, installing, maintaining, and repairing production equipment.
- Ensure food processing equipment is working effectively and within quality/food safety guidelines.
- Work on new processing techniques in the development stage and develop ways to bring them to production scale.
- Develop and assist other engineers with AutoCAD drawings and development.
- Responsible for the mechanical integrity and equipment upgrades.
- Manage and lead changes to production lines to PLC based controls and instrumentation.
- Improve performance while preparing plant for future opportunities by identifying and implementing new equipment, materials, and processes.
- Work with plant and business leadership to create, prioritize, and drive the plant process improvement strategy, including short and medium-term projects.
- Work closely with Maintenance team to ensure equipment maintenance meets need of process strategy.
- Ensure all new or modified equipment meets the proper safety and quality standards.
- Collaborate with safety and Quality departments.
- Serve as member of emergency response team
- Previous experience in a food or pharmaceutical manufacturing industry
- Experience in one or more of the following: stainless steel design and fabrication, sanitary piping, recent work in fluid dynamics, PLC automation, and/or pump sizing
- Work with plant utilities such as electric, steam, or air consumptions and how it impacts performance
- Strong understanding of the quality and safety standards involved in food/pharmaceutical manufacturing experience and how it plays a role in our processes.
- AutoCAD, SOLIDWORKS (nice to have), MS Office/Project Management Software skills
Skills required: AutoCAD, MS Office
Education: BS in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or similar is preferred but not required.