Power / Electrical Engineer III
901 E Ball Rd Anaheim, CA 92805
Power / Electrical Engineer III shall be responsible for design and development of electrical power equipment for shipboard applications and design support of other applications.
The Power / Electrical Engineer III shall provide power electronics engineering support for design, development, integration, operation and sustaining of electrical components, equipment and systems under moderate supervision.
The Power / Electrical Engineer III shall participate in all stages of development from design through manufacturing support and system integration.
1. Interpret customer specifications to define requirements for power electronics circuit and systems design.
2. Starting from conceptual phase, provide detail design of switch mode power converters and inverters, transformer rectifiers, control loops and/or magnetic components.
3. Perform engineering analysis of power electrical circuits and systems.
4. Perform hardware bring-up and integration and support power conversion systems hardware / software integration.
5. Provide complete documentation, product verification and parts list.
6. Write product and test specifications.
7. Provide sustaining engineering on existing products supporting manufacturing and test departments.
8. Provide technical support for manufacturing, production and fielded equipment.
9. Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects.
10. Power / Electrical Engineer III will take directions from Project Engineer or Power Engineering Department Manager.
- Must have design familiarity with power conversion topologies and electrical components IGBTs, MOSFETs and SCRs used in power switching applications.
- Circuit analysis applications, PSPICE preferred.
- Magnetics design and closed control loop design experience, a plus.
- Must be able to work as a key member of the design team with other Power Design Engineers, Digital and Analog Engineers, System Engineers and Software Engineers.
- Proven effective communication with Senior Project Management and customer representatives is essential.
- Bachelor of Science degree (B. S.) in Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering or equivalent from a four-year college or university
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the design of power conversion equipment or related equivalent experience and/or training.