Powerplant and Fuel Systems Engineer
4515 Taylor Circle Duluth, MN 55811 | Contract
The Powerplant and Fuel System Engineer is responsible for the design of the Fuel System, Powerplant Installation, and related system integration. This includes requirements definition, specification and ICD creation, Supplier coordination, test planning and execution, drawing creation, and product certification.
- Support the development of project plans and activities, including the design, redesign, installation and certification of aircraft systems.
- Develop and execute FAR Part 23 certification plans.
- Provide expertise on system architecture and integration, requirements development, system planning.
- Generate and review engineering changes in compliance with appropriate FARs and business objectives of Cirrus Design.
- Identify, select, and coordinate with system or component suppliers.
- Coordinate activities and communicate with a variety of audiences, from technical teammates to FAA stakeholders.
- Provide systems engineering technical expertise during the design phase and testing of new or modified designs.
- Perform peer review of the work of other engineers.
- Author testing plans or other reports in support of engineering projects
- Generation of System Safety Assessments, Failure Hazard Analysis, and Certification and Test plans.
- BS, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 years or greater experience in aircraft systems analysis.
- The ideal candidate would be a DER with approval delegation for part 23 Powerplant Installations and Fuel Systems.
- Experience with aircraft gasoline fuel system development and testing.
- Experience with aircraft powerplant installation design, including cooling, development and testing.
- Familiar with industry documentation for design, test, and certification of propulsion systems.
- Must have working knowledge of the applicable sections of Federal Aviation Regulation Part 23.
- Conducting design and analysis of the fuel system and integrating the fuel system into the aircraft in coordination with interfacing systems.
- Managing supplier development and qualification efforts.
- System design, requirements management, systems specifications, interface management, system safety assessment, verification and validation testing, aircraft flight test, and aircraft/system qualification and certification.
- Basic computer skills, including Word and Excel, computer aided design (Ideally Creo) ability and drawing reading skills, required.
- Familiar with Industry standards such including DO-160, MIL-HDBKs and SAE ARPs.
- Must possess strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Prior experience working with aviation, FAA, new design programs / projects.
- Good communication skills on technical issues.
- Aircraft mechanical system integration and systems detail design and certification experience.
- Systems functional and performance testing.