Precision Sheet Metal and Machining Estimator
16760 Schoenborn Street North Hills, CA 91343
The estimator is directly responsible for estimating the costs of complex fabricated sheet metal and machined parts to meet customer RFQ’ s, and will review customer drawings to determine accurate quotations that define routing, material, process, and labor costs to support customer RFQ’ s.
- Review customer RFQ' s and blueprints to determine material and labor requirements, processing and job routing.
- Communications with customers to accurately define requirements and expectations.
- Work with outside vendors/services to achieve best prices and lead times.
- Consolidate all outside costs and internal costs associated with process time in programming, machining/fabrication, finishing and QC.
- Create detailed quotes providing prices and estimated date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’ s production, delivery schedules, and capacity.
- Proactively follow up with customer after quote is issued.
- Work with shop management and planning to ensure all data for quoting is accurate before RFQ is completed
- Communicate with customers to define requirements and expectations.
- Support sales team and management to interface with customers.
- Consistently reviews schedules to meet customer deliveries and lead times.
- Communicates with sales department to discover opportunities to supply product and/or services.
- Assist sales department and management with technical questions pertaining to estimations.
- Maintains assigned metrics to meet customer orders. Manage quote log on a daily basis and ensure updated at all times.
- The candidate must be personable and team oriented.
- Candidate should be able to work with minimal supervision, and act decisively.
- Must be organized.
- Customer service.
- Must have experience in manufacturing or fabrication/machine shop.
- Well versed in reading blueprints and GD&T.
- Solidworks/Mastercam programming experience is a plus.
- Minimum of a high school or trade school education with previous experience in manufacturing is required.
- Engineering background preferred.