Principal Manufacturing Engineer
2734 Hickory Grove Road Davenport, IA 52804
This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Leads a team of manufacturing engineers to support the production and development high stakes aerospace products.
- Supports Manufacturing Production by designing, planning, organizing technical manufacturing process in the plant.
- Act as a liaison between Engineering and Operations through Production Readiness Reviews, Product Development design reviews, Integrated Product Teams and Cost Estimates.
- Use a structured, critical, analytical engineering approach to solve chronic, complex process and product problems.
- Drives cost effective manufacturing through the use of lean tools.
- Determine parts and tools needed to achieve production requirements and specifications.
- Develop and/or improve current processes, process documentation, and blueprint revisions and/or corrections utilizing the defined change control / engineering change request process.
- Work with Design Engineering and outside vendors to identify, evaluate, and incorporate new processes/technology into new and existing designs.
- Identify, justify, purchase and incorporate new capital equipment.
- Manages Manufacturing Bills of Materials (MBOMs) and routing for new and existing products.
- Address and resolve issues arising from risks analysis, environmental conditions, and ergonomic evaluations.
- Conducts risks analysis, evaluates environmental conditions, and ergonomic evaluations for new, updated, or adjusted production processes.
- Ensures all processes and actions uphold the high standards of safety, quality, and cost of the product(s).
- Ensure the manufacturability of new products and project startup and production costs.
- Provide support to planning, quality, engineering, purchasing, business development, and aftermarket sales departments for production of current products and implementation of new products.
- Maximize efficiency by analyzing the layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and workforce utilization.
- Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximize useful life of products.
- Evaluate vendor capabilities from a manufacturing engineering process perspective.
- Evaluate the cost breakdown of units.
- Provides cost estimates.
- BS in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or a Science field.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in manufacturing engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading manufacturing engineering teams.
- Experience working on several projects simultaneously and redistributing attention as necessary.
- Experience with following tools: Design for Manufacturability (DFM) practices, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Process Failure Mode Analysis (PFMEA), Process Mapping, Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) Process, Design of Experiments, ANOVA, Gage R & R.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Manufacturing Experience in a Union Environment.
- Experience with KPI (Key Performance Indicator) goals.
- Experience with Manufacturing Processes (Electrical, Chemical, and Mechanical Assembly, Fabrication, Welding, Paint, Solder, etc.)
- Experience with Change Control Board, and Engineering Change processes.
- Experience with AS9100, ISO9100, SAE, SME, ANSI, MIL-STD, Nadcap, BAC, IPC J-STD and other standards as related to International, Federal, State, Local, and Customer requirements.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Programs (ERP), Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Capacity Resource Planning (CRP) such as SAP, Oracle.
- Experience with CAD software (PRO E, Creo, CATIA), CNC programming, PLC programming.