Principal Optical Engineer
229 Klug Circle Corona, CA 92880
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Designs and develops projection lenses, laser beam relay systems, and pattern recognition optics for precision optical instruments such as photolithographic exposure systems, laser ablation systems, and optical alignment and inspection systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, prototype, and evaluate new optical designs for Semiconductor Lithography Machines.
- In conjunction with the opto-mechanical engineering staff, conducts tolerance analysis to evaluate and optimize the expected as built performance of the optical system.
- Performs sensitivity analysis of the optical system to aid in establishing fabrication and alignment tolerances.
- Determines specifications and operations of lenses and optical systems and makes adjustments to calibrate and obtain specified operational performance.
- Component, Sub-system and system level testing.
- Provide optical leadership to quickly resolve optical issues and improve overall optical system performance.
- Designs inspection instruments to test optical systems for defects such as aberrations and deviations.
- Analyzes test results of optical systems and components for compliance to system specification.
- Works with electrical and mechanical engineering staff to develop overall design of optical system.
Bachelor’ s degree or Master’ s Degree in Optical Engineering.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- A minimum of 10 years of experience designing projection lenses, optical systems, illumination systems, components, and inspection systems.
- Experienced with UV illumination and exposure optical systems.
- Proficiency in Zemax optical design software.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Interacts well with co-workers and senior management as well as external personnel.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, clever and innovative.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire for continuous learning.
- Meets agreed upon schedule milestones greater than 95% of time.
- Has worked in a matrix environment alongside all engineering disciplines.