Principal (SDET) Lead
9333 Balboa Avenue Technical Services & Defense San Diego, California 92123 | Direct Placement
The Principal Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) Lead helps deliver the quality and performance of large scale, big data, custom hardware multi-platform software products that includes; web, API and mobile application interfaces. Incumbents in this position are experienced, hands on and self-motivated engineer who can work collaboratively in a continuous integration environment. This role involves working closely with Software Developers that includes leveraging shift-left methods to understand a complex domain and product. The Principal SDET Lead focuses on contributing to the development of automated Functional Integration tests and end-to-end tests through open source test frameworks for overall system testing within an Agile environment. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads software testing in agile/iterative software development and using collaborative development tools such as Jira.
- Heads software requirement meetings, contributes to testability and quality through critical functional analysis of design proposals, and challenges their sources.
- Builds team cohesiveness and pulls staff into responsibilities for projects and their deliverables.
- Participates in API in REST or SOAP design practices, service definition, identifying gaps in standards adherence, service lifecycle management and contributing to actual ESB governance.
- Builds up a complete platform performance testing and analysis framework for a web services architecture containing ESB, BPM and associated back-end applications.
- Continuously maintains existing regression test suite/framework which addresses functional and non-functional requirements set against a large web service catalogue of web services architecture.
- Manages the engineering test environment (RHEL, Solaris, Windows) with support from the Infrastructure team.
- Proactively responsible for end-to-end defect analysis from external integration test labs or production.
- Works productively and with minimal management supervision while showing excellent team attitude.
- Consistently delivers on work and schedule commitments.
- Ability to estimate testing tasks for the team.
- Leads a small Test team by managing work load, assigning tasks to lower level engineering personnel, and providing them with technical support.
- Guides and mentors lower level engineering personnel in all aspects of SDET, and provides assistance and feedback to help them progress in their SDET careers.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor' s degree in Technology (B Tech) with eight years of experience or a Masters in Computer Application (MCA) or related field with a minimum of six years of experience.
- Prefer experience in either a Software Development Engineer or (SDET) Software Development Engineer in Test role. Must be strong in SQL, Java, Junit, Linux/Solaris, Agile issue tracking (eg Jira), Linux test environment management and debugging distributed application environments.
- Strong experience in performance analysis in a distributed computing environment.
- Excellent grasp and demonstrated history of complex performance testing.
- Good experience working with and constantly challenging agile/iterative software teams.
- Ability to generate test reports from both tools and manually. Must be detail oriented, analytical and creative thinker with passion for quality and test automation.
- Strong collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience leading ambiguous situations, dealing with technical issues and coming up with effective solutions to ensure customer project deliverables. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of BPM design and analysis desired. Experience with Selenium Web Driver, App Dynamics, JMeter, and Apache libraries.
- Experience leading a team.
- Previous experience with transport ticketing or tolling systems as well as E-Commerce / Credit card online processing experience are a plus.
- May be asked to work extended hours where required.