CICERO, IL 60804 US
- Monitor and analyze plant operations on day-to-day basis, review production and product sample quality, participate in troubleshooting, identify opportunities for manufacturing and utilities process improvement for the Carbon Materials and Chemicals unit.
- Execute Capital Projects and maintenance repairs on plant equipment with a budget ranging from $10k-$300k USD.
- Ensure compliance with all required Safety, Health & Environment (SH&E) procedures, as well as plant and corporate administrative rules, plant operating procedures, plant safety rules and plant environmental procedures.
- Implement and manage programs related to process safety management and generally accepted good engineering practices including industry codes and standards.
- Participate in operational and mechanical troubleshooting in all process areas of the plant.
- Perform evaluation, testing, and process modeling using ChemCAD to implement process control improvements.
- Design and implement process modifications including, but not limited to, safety, throughput, and energy efficiency.
- Perform statistical data analysis to aid in process troubleshooting, raw materials yields and improvement studies.
- Set up and facilitate process hazard analyses, management of change process, implement process hazard analysis action items. Initiate and steward management of change process, compile process safety information and maintain equipment specifications for all production lines at the facility.
- Develop engineering and maintenance procedures.
- Develop process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, conduct pre-start up safety reviews, actively support the SH&E management system and safety objectives with a goal of zero incidents.
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Chemical Engineering, and five (5) years of experience in a related engineering position.
- Work experience or academic coursework must have included: Five (5) years of experience in process safety management, including management of change (MOC), pre-startup safety review (PSSR), process hazard analysis (PHA), process safety information, and cause mapping analysis; any experience analyzing plant operations, performing production sample chemical analysis, analyzing product qualities and troubleshooting; any experience performing process modelling using software such as ChemCAD, ASPEN HYSYS or PRO-II; any experience executing capital projects in chemical manufacturing facilities following industry standard project development and execution steps from project initiation to completion; and any experience with process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams and interlock descriptions.