Woodbridge Lansing 5640 Pierson Highway Lansing, Michigan 48917 | Contract to Direct
- Responsible for supporting existing equipment on the floor, defining specifications for process changes and managing changes with equipment suppliers.
- Provide input on new equipment development and support validation of new equipment and processes, new product launches and new plant startups.
- Improve operational efficiency through hardware and software changes, layout improvements and engineering techniques.
- Support existing equipment on the floor from a hardware, software and mechanical perspective.
- Troubleshoot any problems with specified function of machinery.
- Propose and implement improvements to existing processes.
- Create manufacturing equipment and fixture specifications based on program requirements
- Create and maintain project plans including product and equipment requirements, budgets, manpower, technical objectives, schedules, project and product cost estimates.
- Validate new equipment, fixtures and modifications adhering to Woodbridge Group procedure guidelines
- Improve processes in quality and cost according to best standard practice.
- Responsible for the daily process operations.
- Equipment selection and optimization.
- Liaison with maintenance to solve process equipment problems.
- Liaison with production to address production concerns.
- Plan and execute process improvement experiments.
- Optimize raw material usage and minimize waste.
- Participate in health and safety and quality audit processes.
- Write and update work instructions/SOTs, JSAs, procedures etc.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent combination of education plus experience.
- 2-5 years + in an engineering role.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of SPC and automotive quality standards, statistical experiments, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.
- Computer skills such as AutoCAD, Windows, spreadsheets, databases, etc.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, 5S and Kaizen.
- OEM Experience.
- Mechanical & Manufacturing background.
- Continuous Process Improvements.
- Poka Yoke – Error proofing (six sigma) such as lean manufacturing.
- strong communication skills.
- Majority of time in plant environment. Travel occasionally.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and use hand to fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to bend, walk, balance, talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift, push and pull up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Standard work hours will consist of 10 hours per day, 4 days a week on an assigned shift.
- Schedule hours may be altered as required by the training needs of employees.
- Ability to work overtime or irregular hours to include Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays as requested.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Client will consider local or non-local candidates. But individuals must be willing to relocate.