100 Sonneborn Ln Petrolia, PA 16050
The Hydro Process Engineer is responsible for developing, reviewing and implementing process improvements in the Hydrotreater and service department areas.
This position will review daily operation of the production unit to optimize efficiency, yield and production quality.
The Hydro Process Engineer performs work assignments to maintain safety and quality standards and may develop training programs for all employees.
All positions at require a personal commitment to the core values of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Uncompromising attitude towards the safe work performance and environmental impact of the organization, its employees and those who visit.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all plant processes.
- Provide the necessary engineering for the detailed design of process improvement projects.
- Develop, maintain, upgrade and utilize DCS to make process improvements and assist with operation of the unit.
- Perform LOPA, HazOp, PHA, FMEA as necessary.
- Understand and meet all requirements of the Plant Process Safety Management Program.
- Maintain knowledge of OSHA regulations as they relate to projects.
- Develop material and energy balances.
- Maintain knowledge of statistical process control principles used for process improvements.
- Train and mentor other engineers, supervisors and operators.
- Participate actively with capital projects and turnarounds.
- Assist with sizing, selecting, specifying process equipment and instrumentation.
- Investigate and offer engineering corrections for operational problems to promote optimum process performance.
- Ensure proper MOC, PSSR, and other required documentation is complete and accurate.
- Bachelor’ s degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA from an accredited university in Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or other specifically desired Engineering discipline.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar industry (petrochemical, chemicals, etc.).
- Working Experience of DCS systems.
- Strong communication skills to effectively voice ideas and concerns.
- Mid to Advanced Microsoft user (Excel and Word).
- Operations technical support and troubleshooting experience.
- Strong motivation to accomplish goals and work independently yet participate as a team member.
- Familiarity with API and ASME Standards.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Work experience specifically in Chemicals or Petrochemicals or Refinery.
- Unionized environment experience.
- Honeywell DCS.
- Process Modeling Software.
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors.
- Requires lifting to 20 pounds. Requires walking, standing, climbing ladders and stairs.
- Provides 24/7 operations technical support and troubleshooting.
Most Frequent Interactions:
- Interacts primarily with plant leadership and all employees at the Hydro Department.
- Interact with individuals in other departments as needed.