1000 Allandson Road Mundelein, IL 60060 | Contract to Direct
Perform duties to maintain, repair and install production, and material handling equipment. This would include both newly purchased equipment and the restoration of existing equipment.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support Daily Production Operations, utilizing electrical, mechanical, and programming skill sets.
- Prioritize multiple projects and equipment/cell needs to support optimal production quality and volume levels.
- Produce and submit purchase order requisitions to self-supply needed parts and tools.
- Serve as the project lead on machine rebuilds and small control projects, on their own as a part of a larger team that may include outside contractors.
- Specify, design and test control systems, modify existing systems, wire controllers to the equipment, label the wiring for safety, and document the programs designed for the equipment.
- Minimize Machine Downtime and Maximize parts per hour.
- Utilize strong automation background and problem solving skills to design, modify and debug existing and new equipment.
- Determine root cause of equipment problems and improve process performance.
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, automation, software and hydraulic systems.
- Be a part of preventative maintenance, if required.
- Utilize the Maintenance software MP2 to collect relevant work orders, and inventory parts.
- Follow the safety rules and keep work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills Knowledge and Abilities:
- Associate Degree or equivalent military or formal training in Industrial Automation Technology, Electrical/Mechanical or Electronics.
- Experience as either an electrician/programmer or an Engineer/programmer.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with machine troubleshooting/process control and basic CAD.
- Ability to proficiently use electronic tools.
- Technical knowledge to set up electronic control systems for mechanical equipment.
- Understanding of wiring schematics/electrical drawings, circuits and logic based programming.
- Ability to correctly integrate electrical wiring to pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Understanding of automation principles is necessary.
- Possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills to resolve operational issues related to automation.
- Proficient with Allen Bradley SLC 500 and SLC 5000 programming packages.
- Additional PLC experience would be a plus.
- Capable of installing and programming VFD and Servo drives.
- Ability to use AutoCAD is preferred.
- In a standard workday, this person will be required to sit 25%, stand 60%, walk 15%, and limited twisting, kneeling or squatting.
- Able to complete required physical activities: lift to 50 lbs., fine manipulation, ability to read and follow directions, excellent number and depth perception.
- May come in contact with all types of office or shop floor hazards: high temperature, summer humidity, frequent contact with chemicals (oils/spirits), fumes (oil and solvent), etc.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment in posted areas of the plant (safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes).
- Total awareness of plant environments as it pertains to the safety of other employees, operation of equipment, handling of equipment/materials and visitors required.