2734 Hickory Grove Road Davenport, IA 52804
Procurement Manager to lead the Integrated Product Team’ s tactical purchasing activities and associated buyers and ensure purchase orders are placed within requirements, and deliveries meet the demand plan, quality, and cost targets.
- Manage the analysis, development and placing of Purchase Orders, including spares/repairs/aftermarket ordering. You will lead daily/weekly meetings with buyers and schedulers to manage supply issues and control inventory positions
- Daily review of buyers workbench to analyze and react to move in/move out, place, and cancel messages
- Foster a culture of compliance by operating within guidelines and procedures, leading by example, and focusing on risk assessment and elimination
- Ensure proper staffing, development and training of buyers
- Develop goals, objectives and specific strategies to accomplish those goals
- Create priorities once objectives are determined
- Deploy action plans.
- Establish standard work and KPIs (leading and lagging)
- Continuous improvement of purchasing processes
- Establish and maintain certified/approved purchasing system
- Ensure all cost, pricing, contract flow downs, and responsible purchasing activities are conducted in a compliant manner
- Provide strategic leadership to continually improve PPV, drive reductions in material cost as a percent of revenue and improve inventory turns
- Efficiently manage the analysis and cut in of engineering changes, new product introductions, and end of life products.
- Actively lead closed loop customer notification system
- Establish processes and reviews for buyers for supplier relationship management including monitoring & communicating supplier performance
- Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field required
- 5– 10 years’ experience working as a buyer within a manufacturing company, ideally agriculture, automotive, or aerospace company
- 2-5 years’ of managerial experience working in Purchasing or Supply Chain Management
- Experience of negotiating long term complex supplier agreements
- APICS and/or ISM affiliation desired; certification preferred (CPIM, CPSM); Certification in Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) and Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)