Product Assurance Specialist (Receiving Inspector)
28150 Industry Dr Valencia, CA 91355-4100
The quality control inspector position conducts origination inspection of incoming parts and supplies used for manufacture of products. Perform visual and dimensional examination using basic inspection equipment, under direct supervision of Quality Control Supervisor.
1. Inspect products using gauges, scales, oscilloscope and vision at receiving inspection, in process inspection and prior to shipment.
2. Generate spreadsheets for data collection.
3. Reconcile final inspection documentation for shipments.
4. Interact with source inspector as needed.
5. Verifies conformance of products to dimensional specifications.
6. Record inspection results accurately on inspection report.
7. Sort Product for conformity to specifications.
8. Basic Understanding of geometric tolerancing.
9. Make acceptance or rejection decisions based on established procedures.
10. Performs visual and dimensional measurements of purchased components using microscopes, micrometers, dial calipers, and other precision measurement equipment.
- Establish appropriate inspection setups using the equipment available.
- Follows company safety policies and procedures while ensuring quality work.
- Tolerancing measurement techniques, with the ability to interpret engineering specifications.
*Skills and Experience
Education and/or Experience:
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. 2 year minimum training and experience as a Quality Inspector.
3. Experience in AS9100 aerospace environment preferred.
4. CMM (Coordinate Measurement Machine) operation preferred.
5. Experience with composites.
1. Technical Capacity
2. Organizational Skills
3. Problem Solving/Analytical
4. Time Management
*Minimum Education Requirements
High School or Equivalent