Product Development Engineer
290 Town Center Dr # 1000 Dearborn, MI 48126
Reports To: Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
- Manage all Ford Authorized License Accessory Projects from beginning to end.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Incorporate new products into the program cycle plan, established testing/validation disciplines
- Work with suppliers to:
o Design new accessories.
o Provide and validate required data.
o Perform packaging and environment studies.
o Arrange design review and validation, to include styling, engineering and management.
- Support prototype fit up' s and reviews, line up vehicles, parts, and generate work orders to perform required work.
- Release new parts through WERs.
- Review all releasing documents and maintain records.
- Validate accessory parts for each model year.
- Work with base program design and release engineers as an effective source of information and updates.
- Review PDL' s to determine any changes to new models that may affect accessories and future projects.
- Review warranty data to identify trends.
- Provide CAD data to suppliers as required for part development.
- Instruction sheet review and validation
- Arrange Mod Center trials, review installation process, issue alerts and concerns as needed to support launch events.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Engineering or manufacturing required.
- Bachelor’ s degree in mechanical/electrical engineering required.
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit; may travel from building to other sites. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This is the general feedback I received so far: (Please provide experience details on the following points listed)
We need someone who is:
- Familiar with vehicle systems
- Has mechanical background
- Has electrical background
- Ford experience
- WERs experience in releasing parts
- Familiar with accessories is a plus