Product Engineer RF Systems
Santa Clara, CA 95054 US
PEAK is looking for a Product Engineer – RF Systems for a leading supplier of communications equipment with a focus on satellite bandwidth efficiency and link optimization in Santa Clara, CA. This person is responsible for product design and validation, including documentation, evaluation, and deployment of products. Will be responsible for working closely with planning, procurement, manufacturing, engineering, designing/drafting, assembly, test and production personnel in the development, design, validation, and deployment of cost effective, reliable products. Also, they will be responsible for modification, validation, and deployment of the design changes of existing products. Analyzes and specifies equipment to establish solutions to complex problems. Conducts experimental tests and evaluates results. Selects and specifies components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability criteria. Also reviews vendor capabilities and make vendor recommendations. Responsible for oral and written presentations, project planning, design reviews and reports for customers, colleagues, and management.
The salary range for this role is $120K-$140K based on experience.
Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Works on complex issues where analysis for situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Specifying microwave components, microwave/millimeter wave component vendors, isolators, filters, waveguide assemblies, solid state amplifies, linearizers, cables, etc.
- Phase noise, AM/AM & AM/PM, Phase matching
- Power amplifies (>25 watts), frequency converters (up and down), low noise and medium power solid state amplifies, PIN diode attenuators, pre-distortion, filters, mixers, coupler, power combiners, power dividers, waveguide components and transitions
- Mechanical packaging
- Digital and analog control systems
- Power supplies
- Root cause identification
- MIL-STD requirements and testing
- Well-developed analytical and documentation skills
- Solid practical experience base
- Creative and enthusiastic team player
- Disciplined approach to product design, documentation and validation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able and willing to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Able and willing to do hands on work
- Able to appreciate and act on business driven issues
- Ability to manage projects and project teams
- Good multi-tasking skills
- History of successful product development and delivery
- Able to make appropriate technology choices
- Demonstrated track record of working closely with other team members in a fast paced environment to bring development concepts into high yield, reliable production components, assemblies and products
- Minimum 5 years of related experience designing, developing and production releasing of products
- B.S in EE or Physics
- MS in EE or Physics preferred