Product Engineering Specialist - Lubrication / Hydraulic Systems
76 Getty Street Muskegon, MI 49442
The Product Engineering Specialist will be responsible for the design and development of lubrication/hydraulic components and sub-systems of transmissions, diesel engines, and other mechanical systems primarily for military ground vehicles. Lubrication/hydraulic elements consist of pumps, valves, regulators, manifolds, hydraulic units, lines, and fittings.
Projects range in scope from advanced research and development of future products to failure analysis of existing products. The Product Engineer will be responsible for requirements development, concept design, analysis, detailed design, drawings, hardware procurement, supplier technical support, test planning and execution, and failure analysis.
Required Education, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- A minimum of 10+ Years recent relevant experience.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university required.
- Proven experience designing hydraulic/lubrication components and sub-systems.
- Ability to perform and direct thermal fluids calculations.
- Demonstrated ability designing and developing hydro-mechanical devices.
- Demonstrated ability designing and developing hydraulic pumps.
- Ability to perform mechanical stress or structural engineering calculations.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple project tasks to meet established deadlines.
- Must be capable of obtaining a DOD security clearance.
- Good written and verbal communications.
- Must be willing to travel (domestic and foreign) up to 10%.
- Must be able to move freely within the manufacturing and lab environment with reasonable accommodation.
- MS degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering.
- Creo / Pro-E experience.
- Transmission and transmission sub-system design and development experience.
- Experience with design of heavy duty gearsets for military ground vehicles.
- Engine and engine sub-system design and development experience.
- Experience designing and developing components for a military or aerospace contractor.