Product Engineering Specialist - Transmission Development
76 Getty Street Muskegon, MI 49442
Duties include designing and developing components and sub-systems for transmissions, diesel engines, and other mechanical systems primarily for military ground vehicles.
The Product Engineer will need to translate customer requirements into a product engineering specification and then do the engineering design calculations and design review activities to complete the product design. Also, coordination of drawing creation, hardware procurement, test plan creation, product testing, and failure analysis will be done. Support will be needed to resolve customer, supplier, and operations issues and to write Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) as needed.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university required.
- 10-14 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor' s degree or 7-11 years of relevant experience with a Master' s degree.
- Demonstrated ability designing and developing mechanical and/or hydro-mechanical systems.
- Ability to perform mechanical stress and structural engineering calculations.
- Ability to perform thermal fluids and heat transfer calculations.
- Must have a working knowledge of GD&T.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple project tasks to meet established deadlines.
- Must be capable of obtaining a DOD security clearance.
- Good written and verbal communications.
- Must be willing to travel (domestic and foreign) up to 10%.
- Must be able to move freely within the manufacturing and lab environment with reasonable accommodation.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- MS degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering (preferred).
- Creo / Pro-E experience (preferred).
- Transmission and transmission sub-system design and development experience (preferred).
- Engine and engine sub-system design and development experience (preferred).
- Experience designing and developing components for a military or aerospace contractor (preferred).