Product Engineering Specialist- Engine Development
76 S Getty St Muskegon, MI 49442
The Product Engineering Specialist will report to the Product Engineering Manager responsible for the design and development of components and sub-systems for products.
- Designing and developing components and sub-systems for diesel engines, transmissions, and other mechanical systems primarily for military ground vehicles.
- The Product Engineer will need to translate customer requirements into a product engineering specification and then do the engineering design calculations and design review activities to complete the product design.
- Also, coordination of drawing creation, hardware procurement, test plan creation, product testing, and failure analysis will be done.
- Support will be needed to resolve customer, supplier, and operations issues and to write Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) as needed.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university required with 10 to 14 years of relevant experience or 7 to 11 years of relevant experience with a MS.
- Experience designing and developing components related to engine / powertrain systems, engine / powertrain systems, and sub-systems.
- Ability to perform mechanical stress and structural engineering calculations.
- Ability to perform thermal fluids and heat transfer calculations.
- Must have a working knowledge of GD&T.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple project tasks to meet established deadlines.
- Must be capable of obtaining a DOD security clearance.
- Good written and verbal communications.
- Must be willing to travel (domestic and foreign) up to 10%.
- Must be able to move freely within the manufacturing and lab environment with reasonable accommodation.
- MS degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering (preferred).
- Creo / Pro-E experience (preferred).
- Transmission and transmission sub-system design and development experience (preferred).
- Engine and engine sub-system design and development experience (preferred).
- Experience designing and developing components for a military or aerospace contractor (preferred).