Product Quality Inspector 2
14020 Stowe Dr Poway, CA 92064
Under general supervision, performs product inspection and/or audits of quality control programs. Performs packaging line and manufacturing inspections, and sampling and testing of incoming components and raw materials. Inspects and tests product manufactured or processed by suppliers to ensure conformance to requirements and specifications. Identifies material and processes as Conforming or Nonconforming. Writes simple reports of findings for review. Tasks may include complex and/or non-routine assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform incoming inspection of mechanical assemblies, electrical assemblies, PCBA' s, sub-assemblies and parts
- Coordinate MRB activities related to nonconforming product, including generation of Non-conforming (NC) Reports
- Perform in-process audits
- Coordinate activities related to incoming inspection: incoming inspection priorities
- Review and approve Certificate of Conformance (COC)
- Support calibration program and processes
- Conduct shipping audits
- Notify errors on procedures, drawings, bills of material, and router to the support teams (Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, etc.).
- Responsible for completing documentation (shop order, etc.) accurately and timely
- Responsible for entering data into the IFS system accurately and timely.
- Responsible for maintaining high quality standards and workmanship.
- Maintain excellent communication and working relationship with all departments within the company
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Communicating special tooling needed to perform operation that may have not been identified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent GED
- 2– 4 years QA Inspector demonstrated related job experience
- Recent experience in a manufacturing environment
- At least 2 years of experience in IPC 610 requirements.
- Understanding of inspection techniques, reading, writing and basic arithmetic skills.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, schematics and perform complex measurements using advanced measurement tools and equipment.
- Experience with mechanical housings built to tight tolerances (.001”)
- Experience with cable assemblies built to IPC requirements
- Experience with Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) preferred
- Ability to interpret blueprints, schematics and perform measurements using advanced measurement tools and equipment.
- Experience using a microscope, multimeter, calipers, height gages and miscellaneous electrical equipment.
- Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a " U.S. Person" (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees).