Product Quality Inspector
9855 Carroll Canyon Rd. San Diego, CA 92131
- This position is responsible for the complete inspection and testing of the various connectors and cable systems produced.
- Responsible for understanding and use of hyperbaric, electrical, mechanical test fixtures, and procedures.
- Maintaining verification of equipment working conditions and calibration requirements.
- Notify errors on procedures, drawings, bills of material, and router to the support teams (Quality, Manufacturing Engineering).
- Responsible for completing documentation (shop order and FATs) accurately and timely.
- Responsible for entering data into the IFS system accurately and timely.
- Responsible for maintaining high quality standards and workmanship.
- Maintain excellent communication and working relationship with all departments within the company.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Communicating special tooling needed to perform operation that may have not been identified.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED.
- Requires 2-4 years QA Inspector demonstrated related job experience.
- Recent experience in a manufacturing environment.
- IPC-610 solder certified within the last 2 years preferred.
- IPC 620 certification preferred.
- Knowledge of crimpled contacts.
- Experienced with inspection of cables and connectors.
- Competent with reading and interpreting drawings for correct wiring and connections.
- Experience using a microscope, multimeter, calipers, height gages and miscellaneous electrical equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language at a level that allows for the comprehension of detailed instructions and the legible completion of paperwork.
- Ability to work safely with minimal or no direct supervision.
- Ability to work with changing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work from verbal directions.
- Ability to learn from peers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to use electrical / mechanical test equipment needed to perform tasks.
- Able to read technical drawings and procedures.
- Computer Literate Working knowledge of Outlook, MS Word, ERP systems such as IFS.