Product Support Engineer
Lake Forrest, CA 92630 US
Our company has an exciting line of massively parallel test systems that support the semiconductor industry around the world is looking for a Product Support Engineer. The ideal candidate would serve as the resident product specialist within the Product Support organization to assure technical resolution of equipment field issues, as well as technical resource for internal and external customers.
We are looking for energetic individuals with good analytical and communication skills that seek an opportunity to grow their career. Willingness to travel overseas is a must.
- Applies established standards, processes, procedures to provide support services for our line of Test Systems.
- Serves as technical liaison for customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel.
- Regularly monitor field performance activity and develop analytics commensurate with business needs.
- Able to troubleshoot and define diagnostic parameters to programmatically determine root cause.
- Travel to customer locations to perform technical functions including repair. troubleshooting and system installation, as required. Author incident reports as needed commensurate with technical repairs.
- Develop end user documentation in support of application of products.
- Develop and provide technical training to internal staff members including on-site field service engineers.
- Write and execute test plans for system level component diagnostics.
- Build effective internal relationships with colleagues; work both inter-departmentally and cross-functionally as needed for project assignments.
- Effectively incorporate field data from customers into prioritization of work.
- Manage project assignments with a focus on delivering high caliber results in a timely fashion.
- Maintain an understanding of high priority engineering projects; be prepared to contribute as needed to priority projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 1+ years of related work experience and possess good analytical skills.
- Proficient with Mechanical Assembly, Electrical wiring, and Troubleshooting.
- Strong technical experience with test and measurement equipment, electrical or automation systems.
- Domestic and International business travel is a requirement of this position (10% - 50%) depending on the equipment support schedule.
- This is an on-site role in our Irvine, CA Office -- even during COVID -- as we have been deemed essential.
- Knowledge of thermal heat transfer, refrigeration cycles, thermal analysis preferred.
- EPA Section 608 Universal Certification, with at least 2 years of refrigeration maintenance/troubleshooting experience a plus.