Production Machinist 2
9855 Carroll Canyon Rd. San Diego, CA 92131
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Under general supervision, assignment planning, layout, set-up, operating and making tool adjustments on various types of manual, numerically controlled, major conventional, and automatic machines.
- Works from drawings, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks which may include cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions.
- Reviews and verifies dimensions and tolerances in drawings to determine best setup and work operation sequences.
- Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools or materials onto machines.
- Manufactures jigs, fixtures, dies, molds, machine tools, cutting tools, gauges, and production tooling used in manufacturing processes.
- Utilizes knowledge of machines and tools including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance to perform assignments.
- Verifies conformance of finished product to specifications.
- Identifies and repairs minor machine malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Read and interpret drawings, sketches, and documentation related to parts.
- Take verbal concepts/inputs to produce parts.
- Measure parts using height gage, micrometers, calipers, and other measurement tools and equipment.
- Perform deburr, painting, and other miscellaneous tasks associated with completing parts production as required.
- Confers with supervisors, production personnel, programmers, engineers or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Packs and moves parts as required for additional processing and/or inspection.
- Ensure compliance with Company safety and environmental requirements.
- Maintain safe and clean work area/performing shop housekeeping.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED) and formal vocational training.
- Typically requires a minimum 4-6 years of machine shop experience utilizing CNC and convention machines.
- Ability to use shop mathematics, drawings and measuring tools.
- Experienced using MasterCAM and basic computer skills are a plus.
- Experienced with using measurement and inspection equipment to verify parts specifications and dimensions.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering documentation, technical specifications and manufacturing documentation and drawings.
- General knowledge of tooling and efficient machining practices.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Understanding of 5S and Lean Manufacturing is a plus.
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Frequent pushing, pulling, carrying and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent reaching with hands and arms.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vapors, fumes and toxic/caustic chemicals.