Production Machinist III (2nd Shift Machine Mechanic)
250 Eddie Jones Way Oceanside, CA 92058
Our company is currently seeking skilled and experienced Production Machinist to carry out tasks on our busy production floor. The ideal candidate will have mechanical and production experience and excellent communication skills. The successful applicant will be responsible for operating and fixing production machines and reporting any issues to the production supervisor. All qualified, responsible applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Operate Manufacturing Equipment as needed. (Albe' s and Protecma' s).
- Fix production machines and update maintenance logs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve difficult issues with machines as needed.
- Inspect parts for defects and known or trending issues.
- Setup up machines for production run.
- Ensure tools and equipment have current calibration.
- Verify and record Lot\Job numbers on paperwork, label and parts.
- Ensure documents being used for production/inspection have the current revision.
- Keep discrepant material segregated and clearly marked/labeled.
- Train other to run machines.
- Notify Lead or Supervisor when needing materials for production.
- Work with small parts, tools, fixtures and microscopes.
- Ensure Routers are properly filled out and signed and dated where required.
- Use tools, equipment and fixtures as needed.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) required; AA Degree or local equivalent in related discipline preferred
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a machinist in manufacturing environment
- Basic computer skills required
- Experience using measuring tools as well as hand and power tools required
- US Citizen or permanent legal resident required
- Manual dexterity and hand eye coordination.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 25 lbs. safely & dependably.
- Must be able to push a minimum of 50 lbs. safely & dependably.
- Must be able to pull a minimum of 50 lbs. safely & dependably.
- Constantly standing, kneeling, bending, and frequent walking is required in this job.
- Manual dexterity to manipulate objects to precise positions.