Production Manager Assistant
9640 Bayport Blvd Pasadena, TX 77507
Our client is looking for a highly motivated candidate with at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a chemical company who will provide a safe and productive work environment for manufacturing and production within their company.
Responsibility and Authority:
- Assist in planning and organizing day to day production activities.
- Assist in supervising shift operations of assigned production units.
- Prepare and maintain production reports daily/weekly.
- Assist Plant Manager/ Production Manager in planning RM activities.
- Ensure manufacturing procedures are followed and quality standards are maintained.
- Support and maintain a training system to ensure production personnel are properly performing the tasks they are assigned.
- Work with the leadership team to improve procedures and processes.
- Become an EXPERT for the 5S Continuous Improvement Process.
- Maintain good attendance and work hours necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Must be available for daily production tailgate meetings along with morning staff meetings.
- Track and optimize productivity to achieve production goals.
- Maintain a safe work environment by making sure that all safety rules are followed.
- Assist in coordinating with Maintenance Department for any break down of plant equipment.
- Support the EHS Coordinator in compiling Lucid Charts for Hazardous Energy Control Plans.
- Monitor operations, set and implement corrective actions to prevent deviations.
- Assist Production Manager in creating batch sheets and labels for the production shifts.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in a multi-shift production environment.
- Good technical writing and verbal communication skills required.
- Fluent in English both verbal and written.
- Proven track record of leadership with technical and problem-solving skills.
- Team player, self-motivated, able to think and resolve issues.
- Candidate should possess some knowledge in Chemistry.
- Computer literate.
- Lean manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Promote trust relationship with colleagues and managers.
Formal Education and Applicable Experience:
- Some college education with Chemistry core classes.
- Degree is not required but needs to have some college.
- 3-5 years in the chemical industry.
- Strongly motivated individual who works independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate self and others toward team goals and objectives.