CICERO, IL 60804 US
Carbon Materials and Chemicals
Reports to: Plant Manager
• Provide leadership for the daily operations of the Tar Plant, PAA Plant, and Utility Operations with primary emphasis on safety, environmental compliance and production.
• Trouble shoot process and operate equipment in a safe and profitable manner.
• Support the equipment maintenance and reliability effort.
• Set the standard to develop and train all employees in safety, environmental compliance and job performance.
• Support engineering project work and help provide direction on capital projects.
• Actively support the ISO 14001, ISO 9001, Responsible Care and PSM initiatives.
• This position will have nine direct reports including Tar Superintendent, PAA Superintendent, Utility Superintendent, and 6 Shift Supervisors.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering required; 10 years of chemical plant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• At least five years of experience supervising salaried and union employees required; ten years of such experienced is preferred
• Experience in chemical plants or similar industries required
• Production operations management experience required
• Strong leadership skills with integrity
• Ability to foster a team environment and coach employees
• Excellent planning, analytical and communication skills
• Experience with customers and regulatory agencies preferred