Production Operator (Machinist)
250 Eddie Jones Way Oceanside, CA 92058
Machinist Team' s responsibilities include, assignment planning, layout, set up, operating, and making tool adjustments for various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment. They work from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions, communicating directly with engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following company’ s EH&S policies and procedures.
- Operates Manufacturing Machinery and Equipment: Zone Anneal, Albe’ s, Special Purpose, Degreaser, Ovens, and Wire Draw.
- Adjust machine controls and change tool settings to keep dimensions within tolerances.
- Select cutting tools and tooling instructions per written specifications and apply metal properties and shop mathematics.
- Inspect sample work pieces to verify conformance with specifications using instruments such as gages, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Verify and record Lot/Job numbers on paperwork, label and parts.
- Work with small parts, tools, fixtures and microscopes.
- Ensure documents being used for production/inspection have the current revision.
- Read blueprints, layouts, charts, and job orders for specifications and tooling instructions to determine material requirements and operational sequences.
- Perform routine machine maintenance checks to ensure tools and equipment meet calibration requirements.
- Ensure routers are properly filled out and signed, dated where required.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ of experience in manufacturing working with machinery required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience using precision measuring tools required
- Certification preferred.
- Basic computer and math skills required.
- Required to lift 20 lbs on occasion.
- Visual acuity to inspect small defects, operate machines, use measuring devices, and complete assembly/fabrication of small parts.
- Requires excellent manual dexterity and hand eye coordination.
- Manual dexterity to move hands and arms to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.