Fabrication Planner - Production
211 Industrial Park Road Johnstown, PA 15904
- Does all the necessary planning on machined parts, structures, fabrication, and assemblies.
- Must have all of the following individually as an experience Planner in Fabrication production on machined parts, structures, fabrication, and assemblies.
Development of bids and quotations, coordinates execution of problem reports/engineering changes, and creates bills of material.
- Does planning on all rebuilding and refurbishing of existing parts.
- Assists in the development of bids and quotations, coordinates execution of problem reports / engineering changes, and creates bills of material.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill.
- Superior verbal / written skills and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Estimating, drafting, and /or Auto-Cad experience preferred
- JDA, Solumina preferred and/or Oracle / SAP
- Fabrication, Sheetmetal
- Degree preferred, not required; would like engineering, manufacturing, fab background
- Analyzes engineering drawings and determines the most practical operation and sequences
- Initiates shop planning by preparing sequential work orders
- Revises work orders as necessary to support production, reworks, etc.
- Assists in the development of bids and quotations
- Works with customers and support engineering to coordinate execution of Problem Reports/Engineering Changes
- Prepares shop work orders from dispositioned engineering changes and quality documents.
- Verifies specifications for materials, processes, and finishes
- Reads blueprints to locate and interpret specifications; manufacturing specifications; and makes comparisons to blueprints
- Obtains copies of cancelled specifications to make comparison to requirements of new specifications, if necessary
- Identifies discrepancies found in drawings (i.e. inconsistencies and errors) and notifies engineering for initiation of corrective action
- Interprets material and processing specifications from blueprints of other companies
- Creates bills of material current with design changes and drawing revisions, determine the amount of material needed for multiple projects in order to optimize economic benefits of volume buying
- Creates and maintains coded part number list for raw materials
- Reviews and revises work order kit lists prior to Quality Assurance audits to ensure the correct material specifications are called out in the work order and that correct operations are used for the type of material ordered