Production Planner Analyst
6740 Nancy Ridge Dr. San Diego, CA 92121
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using the ERP system analyzes production needs and compares them to available capacity.
- This includes, but is not limited to, warehousing, purchased raw material and components, DL and machine availability.
- This analysis is done for a 3 to 24 month period based on input from sales and ops.
- Assist production with establishing standards to different manufacturing processes.
- Oversees special projects that are derived from the analysis detailed above.
- Example of such projects may include, but are not limited to, efficient use of current storage space, manufacturing rhythm (based on parts size and processing time what recurring orders need to be ran in what order) etc.
- In conjunction with other departments put together a plan for expanding the facility.
- Analyze different expansion opportunities, as well as costs associated impact on production.
- Work with suppliers to make the plan happen.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience extracting and analyzing information extracted from ERP/MRP systems.
- Excellent MS-Excel skills.
- Great presentation skills & presents information in a clear and precise manner.
- Ability to work with managers as well as manage suppliers.
- Predicts how long a project will take to complete, develops a schedule detailing all tasks and when they should be completed by to meet predicted completion date.
- Monitors project' s progress to ensure it' s following the schedule.
- Knowledge of IQMS ERP system a plus.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Stress management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Mathematics skills, especially in the area of statistics.
- Understanding of business operations.
- Attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Computer literacy.
- Superior problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and Distribution Management.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Reporting to the Vice President of Operations.