Production Supervisor (3rd Shift)
Commerce, CA 90022-0547 US
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Our client is the leading designer, developer and manufacturer of permanent blind bolts and temporary fasteners used in commercial, business and military aircraft construction and assembly. Monogram, as a recognized leader in blind bolt technology, remains committed to leading the industry in the manufacturing of innovative fasteners and solving unique problems for our customers.
Production Supervisor position leads, coordinates and manages all aspects of production activities of various departments to achieve optimal cost management and on-time completion to ship customer orders on time. Supervises business units to achieve a high level of productivity in producing quality products to customer specification. This includes supporting company-defined goals and standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervises various departments and/or processes within the manufacturing floor.
- Enforces company policies (Conduct, Quality and Safety) as necessary. Trains and coaches as needed.
- Uses cascade communication approach to inform others of unusual or anticipated problems. Holds daily communication meetings with employees to communicate team goals. Provides status updates on projects, production, and other status reports as needed.
- Administers company policies in hiring, promoting, disciplining and other related areas requiring guidance in conjunction with Human Resources and Management.
- Implements the proper procedures or functions to optimize processes, reduce cost, and increase productivity while maintaining conformance to customer requirements and/or industry specifications; participates in continual process improvement and cost reduction projects.
- Leads/drives change using Lean Manufacturing techniques; engages team through Lean culture techniques.
- Trains personnel in the understanding and use of manufacturing and/or tooling blueprints and work orders.
- Implements the necessary controls to ensure quality products are produced and delivered to schedule.
- Ensures compliance with company policy in regard to quality requirements, Statistical Process Control, documentation, and computer transactions.
- Analyzes production reports and conducts audits, trains, and coaches employees as necessary. Coaches production line leads to set up work methods to achieve productivity, quality, and safety expectations.
- Reviews Engineering Change Orders and participates in Material Review Board as necessary.
- Participates in failure analysis, and efficiently soles technical problems. Conducts root cause and corrective actions as necessary.
- Effectively carries out production operations and meets production schedules while maintaining product quality across and entire shift. Coordinates with inventory, shipping and planning to process work orders from start to finish. Coordinates with production planning to establish working schedules for assigned departments.
- Conducts time studies, and establishes work methods and work flow. Maintains detail production records timely and accurately.
- 15. that safety standards are followed and safety remains top priority.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or five years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment
2. Exposure with managing a union environment a plus
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Five to ten years industry experience in aerospace fastener manufacturing
2. Working knowledge of ISO9001, ISO14001, and SPC preferred
3. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus