Production Supervisor (Machine Shop)
Valencia, CA 91355 US
Production Supervisor, Operations
The Production Supervisor will lead the activities, creation and validation of the production plan by working with Leads to assign personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow to the Machine Shop and General Manager.
- Responsible for supervising and direct the day-day activities of 30+ employees.
- Maintain manufacturing work-flow daily by reviewing jobs, requirements, leading team meetings, troubleshooting and resolving daily manufacturing issues.
- Assist in the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the responsible departments.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing concerns and resolving issues.
- Evaluates written data such as job orders, product specifications, operations sheets, parts and materials inventory lists, machine and worker production rates, to establish efficient allocation and scheduling of parts, materials, machines, and sequences of operations and workflow.
- Attends Production meetings to report status of work in progress and coordinate with other departments to assure efficiency of workflow
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement in CNC machining operations, including ability to train on advanced machining techniques a plus.
- Resolves personnel problems through effective inter-personal communications by analyzing situations, investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action to management.
- Monitor employee production, quality, time and attendance.
- Hire and train all personnel on the proper use of equipment and machinery in compliance with established safety practices.
- Maintains safe, clean work environment and conduct building maintenance as needed.
- Initiate and foster a spirit of cooperation with staff members and subsidiaries
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years manufacturing supervisory experience in a continuous flow manufacturing environment to include application of LEAN manufacturing principles
- Strong interpersonal skills: share/communicate ideas & solutions across cross-functional teams
- Experience with hands-on machining and/or CNC machining a plus
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Familiarity with Mastercam and Solidworks CAD software a plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks/projects along with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment in a self-directed manner and complete projects on time.
- Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships internally and externally (customers, suppliers, etc.).
- Ability to negotiate with others to arrive at a conclusion using compromise, persuasion, influence, rationale, and diplomacy.
- Foster a collaborative team environment with open communication, identifying problems and establishing resolutions.
- Strong willingness to wear multiple hats with solid written and verbal communication skills; and desire and ability to learn.
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.