Production Supervisor - (2nd Shift)
3620 County Rd D New London, WI 54961 | Direct Placement
This position directs the daily duties of production employees while delivering products on schedule in a cost-effective manner. The position requires extended time on the floor during production and administering SAP entries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain safe working conditions for all employees while leading production team utilizing LEAN principles.
- Ensures that all guidelines of GMP, Safety, FDA/USDA, Environmental Control Act, and OSHA standards are in compliance.
- Leads Food Quality and Safety through SQF processes.
- Utilizes Continuous Improvement Tools to drive process improvements including cost savings goals.
- Supervises employees; handles employee' s grievances and complaints with established policy; makes recommendations on hires, terminations, transfers, promotions, safety and policy training, discipline and other appropriate activities in accordance with established policy.
- All employees are responsible to uphold the principles of SQF.
- Bachelor' s degree preferred.
- 3 years manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience with Consumer-Packaged Goods - Processing preferred.
- 3 years Supervisory experience, preferred.
- Strong written, verbal communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work 10-hour days/nights.
- Must be able to work Saturdays as needed.
- Must be able to endure (non-weather related) wet and cold environment (35 degrees) and hot and humid environment (100 degrees).
- Must be able to climb stairs, occasionally.
- Must be able to stand, stoop and walk, constantly.
- Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time.
- Must be able to wear protected clothing - hard hat, glasses, hearing protection, steel toe shoes.
- 1-5 trips per year.