Production Technician (1st & 2nd Shift Available)
Chatsworth, CA 91311 US
Ground floor opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in manufacturing robotics.
As a Manufacturing Technician you will be in charge of installing, maintaining, and operating our newly developed manufacturing systems. You will be responsible for maintaining daily production uptime of the machines, including all subsequent operations such as trimming, deburring, grinding, and coating. This position also involves the proper documentation of process settings through setup sheets (maintained online) and maintenance of process books (online) and their contents. Other tasks relevant to the process technician include participating in work instruction development projects, and training others as necessary. You will be working with manufacturing, mechanical, software and robotics engineers to implement new systems and manufacturing parts. Success in this role requires people who are motivated, adaptable, inquisitive, have a high attention to detail, and are eager to learn new things. Our team is tight-knit, and we regularly push the boundaries of what has been done in traditional manufacturing. In addition to the required experience below, our ideal candidate needs to demonstrate exceptional personal initiative, inclination to try new processes, and the ability to maintain positivity, composure and a good attitude in demanding technical situations. Whether you are working with industrial robotic systems or finishing a recently formed sheet metal part, you’ll be expected to be responsible, hardworking, and conscientious of the quality of work you are performing. We need people who are not afraid to use their technical ability to not only identify issues but propose solutions and implement improvements. You must be able to produce high-quality work in a timely manner while continually looking forward to driving process improvements that streamline work and save costs.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 3+ years of experience in mechanical fabrication (component assembly, welding, machining, hand tools, etc.).
- 2+ years of working with industrial robotic systems or other similar systems with advanced automation.
- Basic computer hardware competency, including connecting peripherals, network cables, printer configuration, wireless troubleshooting, and working with online applications like email and chat software.
- Experience with sheet metal shaping and finishing
- Experience with drilling, reaming, honing and countersinking straight and close tolerance holes
- Comfortable with a mix of repetitive and new, one-off work
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Able to adapt to constantly changing work assignments and fast paced work environment
- Able to interpret geometrical tolerances on part drawings
- Electrical wiring experience and some knowledge of how PLCs, sensors, and other electrical components are wired and work
- Experience with CNC machine operation
- Demonstrated professional track record of creative problem solving, cost reductions, and process improvement
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with forklifts
- Must be available for either 1st shift (5 AM - 1:30 PM) or 2nd shift (6:00 PM to 2:30 AM)
- Repetitive movement, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting, and exposure to typical shop chemicals (coolant, solvents, cleaners) are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying equipment up to 50 lbs unassisted.
- Able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces.
- Must be available to work extended hours and some weekends.