15700 Lathrop Avenue ? Harvey, IL 60426
Type: Contract to Direct (90 day Conversion Period)
1st Shift w/o OT: 7: 00 AM – 3: 30PM
1st Shift w/OT: 5: 00 AM – 3: 30PM
2nd Shift w/o OT: 3: 30PM – 12: 00 AM (Midnight)
2nd Shift w/OT: 3: 30PM – 2: 00 AM
Saturday OT: 11: 00 AM – 5: 00 PM
OT: yes avg 50/55 hours per week
- Able to work independently from Customer and/or in-house drawings and requirements to produce acceptable welds according to Industry and Customer specifications.
- Proficient in using simple fabrication hand tools and measuring devices.
- Adhere to standard hour build rates at the direction of the Production Supervisor or cell/team lead.
- Responsible for daily maintenance of welding equipment as well as keeping respective work area clean.
- Responsible for adherence to process work instructions, PQR/WPS and other verbal and visual instructions.
- Knowledgeable of qualifications in process and ability to perform acceptable welds in flat, horizontal and vertical weld positions using GMAW, FCAW and/or SAW welding processes.
- Ability to use carbon-arc gouging (air-arc) equipment, hand-grinding/profiling equipment and fixture/tooling aides. Recognition of simple visual weld defects a requirement.
- Monitor, adjust and inspect weld quality in order to meet Standards, expectations and requirements.
- Confer with Production Support staff and Weld Engineering to resolve weld-related issues in a timely manner.
- Need to be physically able to lift 60 lbs and pass and eye test (Jaeger 12) with or without glasses.
- Participate in mandatory training and testing while playing a key role in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Adhere to and follow shop rules and safety regulations.
- Some overtime and travel could be required, limited.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Experience in metal fabrication and welding.
***Selected Candidates need to bring their welding equipment for testing (welding gear etc).