16760 Schoenborn Street North Hills, CA 91343 | Contract to Direct
We are seeking a Program Manager who will serve as the principal point of contact to key OEM customers by managing technical budgets, scheduling and leading action-oriented teams in the execution of integrated development programs. This individual will prepare, negotiate, accept and manage contracts and major subcontracts. Proactively drives efficiencies throughout the lifetime of the program.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Program manager responsibilities include governance, alignment, assurance, management, integration, optimization, tracking, finances, infrastructure, planning, and improvement.
- Oversee a multiple of OEM projects to achieve the corporate vision.
- Perform liaison activities with upper management and stakeholders.
- Work with central structure, processes and procedures to accomplish objectives, which include metrics of success and deliverables.
- Flow top-down vision, targets and goals in order to meet program objectives.
- Hold regular reviews for accountability and successful management of project, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Ownership of the schedule and cost management on programs managed
- Holds program and proposal Kick-off Meetings, establishing baselines for planned cost, design configuration and schedule
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams within a matrixed organization
- Act as a central authority for the Company in its relationship with internal and external customers.
- Establish program status reporting to anticipate and take corrective action in problem areas before they occur, with appropriate line organization.
- Ensure pertinent written records are maintained that document all agreements / commitments related to the project.
- Actively pursue new business and will be responsible to coordinate proposal responses both formal RFPs and informal inquiries.
- Works with Engineering to analyze proposals with respect to cost/risk/quality, lead source selections and negotiation teams, and monitor subcontract costs, schedules, and technical performance.
- Reviews and approves all contractual documents for protection of company' s contractual posture, satisfaction of specifications and requirements, and adherence to company policy.
- Negotiate, manage and structure contracts/subcontracts that establish business relationships with customers, vendors and other business partners.
- Responsible for contract compliance and reporting.
- Manages contract through life of program and works with internal departments to ensure compliance and/or obtain contract revisions to reflect scope growth, including associated costs and schedule impacts.
- Coordinates with and lead cross-functional Integrated Project Team (IPT) to identify program scope and requirements, perform risk assessment, establish communication methods, identify stakeholders and roles & responsibilities.
- Create charters/plan and execute accordingly, to ensure profitability.
- Responsible for budget and resource planning for assigned programs.
- Participate in transition handover meeting from sales, bid management and/or product line management to development program management when necessary.
- Be able to travel both domestically and internationally as needed to manage the program.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors in Engineering or Business-related field.
- 8+ years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience in Commercial Aerospace Government Contract Administration.
- Experience in working with the Aerospace customer community and in serving as a principal point of contact to key OEM customers.
- Experience with customer communications, negotiations and proposal management.
- Must be able to keep team members focused on schedule milestones and objectives and must motivate team members to develop cost effective, customer-oriented solutions and approaches.
- Ability to control and manage scope and associated changes, as well as customer expectations.
- Ability to facilitate and conduct IPT related meetings and manages conflicts.
- Ability to work with management as well as subordinates.
- PMP credential is a plus.
- Fluency in MS Office Suite programs.