550 Commerce Way Livermore, CA 94551
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies potential sources for the procurement of non-inventory production items and product produced domestically and overseas.
- Ability to generate measurable cost savings on a continuous basis.
- Conduct ah-hoc analysis requests, forecasts, KPIs/Metrics, and reports within Supply Chain using tools but not limited to SAP R/3, BI, established tools & process, and using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Visio, Access).
- Reviews purchases requisitions and purchase orders for completeness, accuracy and conformance with established policies and procedures.
- Confers and negotiates with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Prepares and generates purchases orders and change notices.
- Resolves any discrepancies with suppliers and forwards all necessary documentation for invoicing approval and payment.
- Responsible to utilize basic order agreements issued with suppliers and monitor those agreements which cover the commodities they are responsible to procure.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, and various stakeholders.
- Has knowledge of various electronic and mechanical commodities necessary for the fabrication of electro-pneumatic machinery.
- Understands international market conditions as it relates to international versus domestic sources of supply.
- Manage and execute the implementation of process improvements in partnership with BU CS, Sales, Engineering, Operations, Strategic Sourcing, Quality, and other stakeholders.
- Undertake supplier visits, compiling visit reports on completion.
- Developing process improvements to the internal supplier chain, including better utilization of systems.
- Ability to negotiation cost of good reduction, quality and vendor terms improvement.
- Demonstrate ability to lead decision-making process for cross-functional teams, and to exercise independent judgment on decisions involving business risk.
- Proven track record of working in regional and virtual teams across multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrate ability and skills to engage and influence stakeholders and suppliers.
- Goal driven, target oriented and self-motivated attitude.
- Demonstrates drive and determination to achieve success and sets clear direction and priorities.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Logistics, Engineering or equivalent based from an accredited university (no online degrees).
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge and experience with lean manufacturing and supply chain practices highly valued.
- APICS certification a plus.
- Must Have: SAP, MRP, Blue Print and Sheetmetal Experience.
- Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years).
- Salary: Negotiable.
- Starting Date: ASAP.