Project Control Analyst II
16530 Via Esprillo San Diego, CA 92127 | Contract to Direct
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/293334
- Work with and advise Project Managers, Control Account Management team (CAMs) and senior technical personnel to ensure uniform application of Earned Value Management procedures.
- Assist and advise management in program setup, planning, and control (including tailored EVMS)
- Develop and maintain Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and related dictionaries, ensuring adherence to requirements of proposal, contract, material planning, accounting, reporting requirements, and integration with OBS
- Review and understand contract terms and conditions (multiple contract types) & ensure compliance to financial clauses and contractual requirements throughout project implementation
- Establish and maintain time-phased cost/schedule baseline, enforce strict change control, monitor status/availability, and ensure proper work authorization.
- Prepare manpower and non-labor forecasts and assist in resource planning
- Monitor performance, provide variance analysis & visibility on projects of varying contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk
- Monitor contract value and CLINs to ensure proper cost collection, reporting and related funding status
- Support development of operating and strategic plans, analyze resulting cost, revenue, and cash flows
- Develop standard and ad hoc reports to effectively communicate status and provide management with clear, timely and accurate information; make recommendations to assist in decision-making
- Produce and validate Integrated Program Management Reports (IPMRs) and similar status reports for customers and program management
- Track subcontract cost & schedule status, material receipts, open commitments, and termination liability.
- Participate in new business proposals to identify reporting, invoicing, and MRP requirements, provide guidance on program structure and subcontractor flow-down requirements, prepare Basis of Estimates, support fact-finding, negotiations, customer reviews, and audits.
- Develop and maintain Program Control processes, procedures and desktop guides.
- Utilize MS Office Suite and other applications that may include SAP, MPM, winsight, Project Server and SharePoint.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Qualifications Essential Qualifications:
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a bachelor' s degree in business administration or a related discipline, along with six or more years of related experience. Must have a complete understanding of the concepts, and practices involved in analyzing multiple contract types: Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Fixed Price Incentive (FPI), Fixed Price Level of Effort (FPLOE), Time and Materials (T&M), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), and hybrid contracts. Requires an understanding of GAAP and FAR. Must be an effective communicator and able to represent the company on programmatic matters, as well as able to write, interpret and explain programmatic issues. Must be knowledgeable and experienced with the following electronic software: word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, and project management. Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Must have EVMS experience
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a bachelor' s degree in business administration or a related discipline, along with six or more years of related experience.
- Must have thorough understanding of Earned Value Management and associated DoD requirements; experience with GAAP, FAR, and DCMA/DCAA compliance helpful.
- Must be proficient in advanced Microsoft Excel, including V-look ups & Pivot tables
- Experience with MS Excel programming, databases for dashboarding and metrics reporting, SQL/Access queries and VBA/HTML coding helpful
- Must be an effective communicator with the ability to represent the department on complex matters, as well as the ability to write, interpret, and explain complex issues
- Must have the ability to work well in a multi-discipline team in both development and production environments.
- Must have ability to interface comfortably with managers and executives, and with operating and support groups (Purchasing, Contracts, Finance, QA) in a fast-paced, team environment
- Must be customer focused with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US security clearance