Project Engineer, Electrical
622 Emerson Road Suite 600 St Louis, Missouri 63141 | Contract to Direct
Project Engineer with responsibility for assigned project engineering, coordination with other disciplines and client communications.
Licensed Professional Engineer, including California License preferred. NCEES Record Number holder also preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in the design and methods of installation of Medium Voltage (MV) power distribution.
- Able to design and write vendor specifications for MV transformers and Secondary Low Voltage Switchgear.
- Working knowledge of the National Electric Code - NFPA 70 and the Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace - NFPA 70E.
- Applicant shall have knowledge and experience with Ungrounded and High-Resistance Neutral Grounded systems, including Fault detection/alarming/locating equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with Arc Energy Reduction methods - per NEC, Article 240.87.
- Proficient in the use of SKM software.
- Perform coordination studies for electrical power distribution, to define protective devices and any other elements necessary for an adequate electrical operation of a facility.
- Where required for circuit breakers, applicant shall be able to calculate and provide device/relay/trip unit settings.
- Perform short-circuit analysis (Phase-to-Phase and Phase-to-Ground).
- Complete voltage drop calculations.
- Complete an Arc Flash study and model.
- Thorough understanding and experience in completing California Title 24 application (preferred).
- Participates in project strategy meetings, develops design concepts and recommends systems, within discipline, produces pricing and proposal presentation documents and outline specifications.
- Researches and is responsible for discipline design compliance with proposal/client criteria.
- Researches, documents and is responsible for discipline design compliance with all applicable codes, ordinances, standards and regulations.
- Plans production and prepares man-hour estimate for project effort for all work in discipline.
- Assures adherence to drawing production strategy.
- Responsible for the production of well-organized, finished drawings of good appearance, accuracy, clarity and correctness. Writes discipline specifications for assigned projects.
- Directs technical efforts of discipline Interns, Designers and Technicians assigned to the project.
- Assists in coordinating information with and monitoring efforts/costs of discipline-related outside consultants.
- Creates discipline work plan for assigned projects.
- Monitors workload status, advising supervisor of difficulties in accomplishing schedules.
- Coordinates work with other disciplines.
- Performs interdisciplinary coordination checks to minimize deficiencies, errors and omissions in drawings and specifications.
- Responsible for placement of safety symbols on construction documents.
- Signs and seals design documents when assigned as Professional of Record. Maintains ethics and professionalism.
- Advises and assists Construction Project Managers, Superintendents and Subcontractors in the interpretation and clarification of construction documents.
- Reviews applicable shop drawings and submittal data for compliance with construction documents.
- Participates as requested in construction inspection to monitor compliance with design intent, construction drawings and specifications.
- Prepares inspection reports.
- Provides timely solutions to field problems and prepares field orders, addenda and record drawings.
- Participates in formulation of discipline standards and procedures.
- Participates in the professional community and trade organizations within discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree in discipline with minimum 10-15 years discipline experience.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/301195