Project Engineer - Aerospace
35 Melanie Lane Whippany, NJ 07981
- Provides results-oriented technical leadership for engineering programs culminating in the completion of qualification testing.
- Leads a multi-disciplined engineering team and is the primary technical interface with customers.
- Provides internal team leadership for engineering programs in terms of overall design, development, analysis, testing, reporting, budgeting and scheduling, culminating in the completion of qualification testing.
- Leads project teams and technical interface with customers and operations personnel.
- Works in a team environment with other design disciplines within the organization.
- Daily interactions with Design, Reliability, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality and Program Management are required.
- Communicates technical issues through written, verbal and presentation media.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; confers with management.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Some travel will be required to meet with customers, vendors, test facilities and to perform equipment evaluations as necessary
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience
- Minimum 5-7+ years working in the Aerospace/Defense Industry
- Minimum 3 years with DO-160 and DO-254 standards
- Experience with major Aerospace OEM is a plus
- Must Have Aerospace & Defense Manufacturing industry experience
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills required
- Strong organization and planning skills required
- Past record of success in leading teams
- Past record of success in new product development
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of aerospace materials, systems and manufacturing processes
- Strong knowledge of rotating machinery – gears, hoists/winches, transmissions, clutches and or brakes
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral