Project Engineer / Project Manager (UAV / Robotics)
40 West 27th St. 8th Flloor New York, NY 10001
- Our customer is seeking a Project Engineer / Project Manager for a premier global racing league and producer of world-class technology / electronics sports content.
- We are looking for an experienced engineer (will report to the Head of Engineering) to take on the needs of our growing Engineering Department.
- We are looking for someone with engineering management experience who has led product development efforts previously
- You must be experienced with the engineering process and best practices.
- You will be responsible for interfacing with our teams of engineers and technicians and keeping them aligned on project delivery timelines.
- You will be responsible sourcing production parts and managing project budgets.
- You will create the on-site deployment strategy for our networks including cabling, grade, and equipment placement.
- You will use your expertise to guide project trajectories and creating the best system. You will write up technical documentation, specifications and SOPs.
- You will be an integral part of the team designing the next generation of precision flight drones, autonomous drones, drone support systems and race operations systems.
We are looking for someone with engineering management experience who has led product development efforts previously Core Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute project plans and timelines.
- Assist in the architecting and development of our advanced race operations system.
- Synchronize teams of engineers and technicians.
- Create best practices to follow during design, production and operation.
- Sourcing components and managing manufacturers.
- Author technical documentation, specifications and SOPs.
- Develop our on-site deployment plans, selecting integral equipment to meet the needs of the target site.
- Optimizing the production process for our team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High level of practical systems engineering experience.
- Experience creating engineering-grade project plans and timelines.
- Experience developing hardware testing fixtures and systems.
- Experience with PCB design and manufacturing is a big plus.
- Ability to creatively solve problems on-the-fly during a crisis.
- Experience with industrial and site-wide equipment deployment is a big plus.
- Candidates with UAV aircraft, robotics development experience and/or hobby drone experience will be given special consideration.
- 3-5-10+ years of Professional Development experience and/or Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Engineering Consumer Goods/Products Experience.
Additional background experience plus/bonus/preferred/related:
- Project/Engineering and Project Management related in researching, developing, and implementing optimal sampling based probabilistic complete robotic motion and any path planning algorithms.
- Any kind of experience working with developing motion and path planning algorithms in MATLAB / Simulink or similar.
- Any kind of experience working with teams implementing SLAM, EKF-SLAM, and algorithms for GPS-denied environments.
- Any kind of experience working with (AI) Artificial Intelligence and control theoretic optimization problems.
- Any kind of experience working with teams designing algorithms for autonomous guidance, navigation, and control for GPS-denied environment.
- Experience working with proficiency with test equipment, and already familiar with micro-unmanned aerial systems.
- Experience working with understanding of microcontrollers and their surrounding designs.
- Experience working with programming microcontrollers and/or Embedded C.
- Experience working with antenna design is a plus.
- Experience working with Saelae Logic is a plus.
- Experience working with Autodesk EAGLE is a plus.
- Experience working with C/C++ or Python skills is a great bonus.