Project Engineer - Space & Defense
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670 US
Job Description – Project Engineer - Space & Defense (ITAR)
Under the direction of the VP, Sales & Engineering, performs wide range of activities related to composite material manufacturing processes such as: compression molding, SMC compounding, autoclave and hydroclave curing, machining, bonding, lay-up, and painting. Uses sound judgment in decisions that influence manufacturing processes and manufacturing through-put efficiencies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates with engineering and manufacturing personnel to develop and/or enhance manufacturing processes to meet or beat product material and labor efficiency budgets.
• Develop tooling concepts to perform specific manufacturing operations and coordinate tooling designs, procurement and implementation of tooling into manufacturing activity.
• Support Project and Program Managers with current status of all activities assigned.
• Ensure that all manufacturing processes meet company safety and environmental regulations.
• Adhere to all company safety requirements.
• Submits weekly status reports for all activities, including milestone charts for long-term projects.
• Education/Experience: BS degree Engineering, in a Mechanical, Chemical, or similar discipline from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience in manufacturing engineering work with composites experience desired.
• Must be a U.S. Person (per ITAR requirement below).
• Proficient knowledge of composite reinforced resin matrix technology.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Project a plus.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD and Solid Modeling preferred.
• Continues professional development through independent study, college course work and/or professional seminars.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, within a diverse range of audiences and settings; evaluate budgets; and maintaining financial and administrative order in an environment of changing priorities.
Possession of a valid California motor vehicle license and willingness to use personal vehicle in the course of employment as needed.
• Ensure that all work areas are kept clean. Maintain housekeeping of personal work area, work department areas, and overall company surroundings to company standards of safety and professionalism.
• Ability to work safely throughout our manufacturing facilities.
• Lift/move up to 40 lbs. without assistance; or greater than 40 lbs with assistance from another person or with appropriate lift/move apparatus.
• Sit, stand, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull as needed for duration of work shift.
• Able to work effectively under pressure of deadlines.
• Able to routinely work full time, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
• Good vision required (with or without corrective lenses).
ITAR REQUIREMENT: To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Salary: $100,000.00- $150,000.00/Year