Project Engineer - Transmissions
76 Getty Street Muskegon, MI 49442
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Position reports to the Director of Engineering and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leader for HMPT Transmission technical issues in support of the program and customer.
- Responsible for transmission and transmission sub system design, analysis, integration, and performance in the application.
- Lead interface for technical discussion between company and Customers/Suppliers/Contractors.
- Technical lead of cross-functional matrixed engineering team (ME, EE, Software, etc.) to oversee work quality and ensure engineering contract deliverables are met.
- Completes monthly estimate to complete assessments for projects, and delivers data to program finance and program management.
- Supports program management for all technical aspects of a program that may include SOW, schedule, cost and risk.
- Approves engineering technical reports for submission to the customer.
- Accountable for transmission system level requirements and derivation of design requirements from vehicle level.
- Technical lead for new transmission proposals.
- Manages engineering resources assigned to the HMPT STS program, giving direct assignments, and evaluating employee performance.
- Ensure Design Verification Test plans adequately capture all data to assess requirements compliance.
- Bachelor' s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical BS degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience.
- In depth product knowledge transmission design, transmission performance parameters, and vehicle performance.
- Engineering knowledge of mechanics; hydraulics; transmission parts such as gears housings, and shafts; knowledge of performance parameters such as speed, RPM, torque, power and gear ratios; and understanding of component stress and strain.
- Understanding of powerpack integration into vehicles, and how transmissions operation impacts the vehicle.
- Project management experience and ability to use MS Project to create schedules.
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills, including the ability to coach and lead 8D investigations.
- Highly organized and able to multitask on many different projects at once.
- Must be able to move freely, with or without reasonable accommodation, throughout a manufacturing environment.
- GD&T knowledge, ability to read machining and assembly prints, and understanding of bill of materials and processes.
- Proven ability to make technical decisions, complete project objectives within budget and schedule, and work with little supervision.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a cross-functional environment while working on multiple projects.
- Ability to track metrics and report status of engineering activities.
- Ability to utilize all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to write and review technical reports.
- Ability to get security clearance.
- Product knowledge of the HMPT Transmission and powerpack integration into tracked vehicles.
- An understanding of working with CAD models and programs in Pro E (Creo) and AutoCAD.
- Experience in regulated aerospace/military manufacturing environment with CNC Machining, complex assembly and product test.