Project Manager (Design & Construction)
Windsor, CT 06006
Our client is looking for a mid-career professional with Design and Construction management experience. The candidate would be responsible for delivering projects, managing the designers, providing project documents and contracts after awarded to construction.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Managing multiple projects in multiple locations to ensure quality and completion within budget and on schedule.
- Managing Architectural/Engineering firms.
- Requesting, reviewing, and negotiating fee proposals.
- Reviewing design documents for compliance with U.S. Postal Service Standard Design Criteria.
- Managing construction contractors.
- Preparing bid packages, reviewing and recommending bid awards.
- Reviewing, negotiating, and approving change orders.
- Requesting project funding.
- Conducting site visits for meetings or inspections as necessary.
- Closing out completed projects.
Experience and Qualifications:
- BS degree in Architectural, Engineering, or Construction Management with minimum 10 years professional experience in the design & construction field.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and Acrobat.