Project Manager - Civil
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 US
Schedule Hours: Full-Time
To provide project management, including schedule, budget, communication with client, and overall project design; to direct and oversee CAD and design work of staff; and to solicit work with new and existing clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Be a company ambassador; internal and external.
• Uphold and fulfill company's mission, purpose statement, strategic plan, and core values.
• Maintain a commitment to excellence and quality.
• Communicate effectively, work collaboratively and proactively with peers, employees, and management.
• Interact with clients and represent company in a professional and courteous manner.
• Perform administrative work on time (timecard review and approval, pre-bills, reimbursables, meeting attendance, etc.).
• Foster and promote a positive work environment and healthy company culture.
• Follow all company’s policies and procedures.
• Customarily and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment, which will affect matters of consequence to the business or our customers.
• Travel, as necessary, to support the firm and clients.
• Share profession-related talents with others in the firm.
• Perform other duties as necessary to support the success of the company.
• Act as a project manager on specific projects; meet budgets and deadlines.
• Assign teams to projects.
• Maintain project schedule and project budget.
• Provide research and respond to technical questions.
• Direct project team members regarding project scheduling, budgeting, and work scope.
• Coordinate with project team members on project issues and concerns.
• Understand and negotiate contracts.
• Attend client, agency, and consultant meetings as required.
• Sign/Seal drawings if authorized.
• Direct and oversee the design and CAD work of staff and prepare weekly schedules.
• Lead project schedule, budget, communication with client, and overall project design.
• Manage all aspects of multiple, concurrent projects and both small and large complex projects, including client contact, green files, etc.
• Delegate scope and budget for tasks assigned to others, monitor their performance, and mentor them on how to stay within scope and budget.
• Head overall project and contract administration for managed projects.
• Review reports for quality control and ensure they comply with project scope.
• Schedule projects and staff.
• Visit project sites regularly for initial site visit and to confirm design issues, monitor construction, etc.
Project Management and Leadership:
• Recommend yearly workgroup business plan targets to service council leader.
• Help lead, coordinate, and collaborate with the service council leader, office leader, and other workgroup managers to provide leadership and consistency in the following areas:
a. Workload and staffing.
b. Quality control and standardized procedures.
c. Training and education.
d. Mentoring staff and developing skills.
e. Recommend/Introduce initiatives to improve or strengthen workgroup performance.
• Complete staff performance reviews on time.
• Conduct disciplinary actions in coordination with human resources and the service council leader.
• Ensure compliance and advocacy of Corporate Services functions and processes.
• Ensure compliance and advocate the use of financial reporting data to improve performance.
• Demonstrate leadership and connection with all departments and other offices within the firm.
Business Development and Networking:
• Initiate, develop, and maintain strong relationships with all outside parties involved in the market sector, including contacts, professional organizations, clients, specialty consultants, and agencies.
• Attend or lead client interviews or presentations.
• Ensure the success of projects completed to maintain a positive client relationship.
• Continue to develop expertise in chosen market sector.
• Engage in continued education to be a recognized expert within your profession.
• Lead all communications (interviews, negotiations, and daily contact) with client.
• Prepare complete proposals, budgets, and contract negotiation for private and public clients.
• Help maintain profitability of your workgroup.
• Help meet workgroup chargeability target as set annually by the board of directors.
• Meet your chargeability target as set annually by the company.
• Carry partial responsibility for project profitability.
• Meet budgets and deadlines.
• Develop budgets, tasks, and contract negotiation for clients.
• Responsible for projects accounts receivable and bad debt.
Education and Experience:
• Professional Degree(s)
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or another related field.
• Years of Professional Experience
Minimum ten (10) years of experience.
• Professional Knowledge
Current knowledge of professional codes, laws, computer applications, and trends.
Licensing and Certification:
• Valid California professional engineer’s license in good standing or are actively pursuing licensure.
• Valid California driver’s license.
• Ability to drive a vehicle for company business and to comply with RRM’s Motor Vehicle Policy.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skill:
• Proficiency with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and other relevant engineering software.
• Proficiency in one or more project management software.
• Expertise in managing specific project and client type within sectors.
• Ability to analyze complex problems and work with junior staff to develop and implement creative solutions.
• Ability to lead, mentor and direct junior staff on engineering concepts and designs.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Excellent customer/client service skills and multi-tasking abilities.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Requires ability to travel.
• Requires ability to work in all outdoor and weather conditions.
• Requires use of fingers, hands, and arms to handle office materials.
• Requires talking and hearing.
• Requires frequent standing, walking, and sitting.
• Requires color vision, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust visual focus.
• Requires considerable time spent in front of computer screens.
• Requires the ability to work in environment with a moderate noise level.
• Requires the ability to read typed and hand-written reports.
• Occasionally requires climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
• Occasionally requires lifting or moving up to 25 pounds.
• Occasionally requires exposure to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and/or risk of radiation and vibration.
Salary: $108,000.00- $127,000.00/Year