Project Manager - OM & M Construction
Modesto, CA 95351 US
Who we are and what we are looking for
Whether its reducing methane emissions at landfills, repurposing contaminated properties, producing alternative energy, or sequestering carbon, we have been focused on finding smart climate solutions and improving the natural environment and since our inception over 50 years ago. Join us and create your own legacy. Under the direction of the Regional and Senior Project Manager the Project Manager will be assisting with the execution and coordinating of landfill and environmental control systems construction projects. The Project Manager will oversee project management, business development and administrative tasks. This role can be based out of any SCS office in Northern California.
How you can make an impact
- Responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating projects.
- Plans, develops, and executes Construction projects.
- Coordinates and prepares proposals and bid estimates for projects and change orders,
- Manages multiple smaller projects or several large projects. Schedules project staff, assigns work, tracks progress, reports to the client and management.
- Maintains liaison with subcontractors and parent company.
- Responsible for the profitability of projects, and satisfying client expectations.
- Work with Superintendents and/or other personnel to implement projects giving appropriate consideration to:
- scope, schedule, productivity, budget, contract, and change orders
- subcontracting and material procurement
- staffing and oversight of field activities
- QA/QC, record keeping, photo records, reporting, data analysis (if applicable), and file maintenance (contact and project)
- Approval and development of project health and safety plans. Procuring required PPE, air monitoring equipment, engineering controls (ventilation fans, barricades, etc), and other safety equipment for the project.
- encourage participation and also participate in performing SAFE observations
- health and safety, safety equipment calibration logs/records
- regulatory agency and client liaison
- contract administration and invoicing
- approval of purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and receiving reports
- project gross profit
- project close-out documentation
- project cost/performance feedback to estimating personnel
- Provide support to the Office Director in the implementation of the Business Development Program; participate in bid/proposal and cost estimate preparation as required.
- Foster a cooperative working relationship with the entire Construction Services group, corporate staff, and the engineering offices; exchange technical and business development information.
- Prepare and present papers at seminars, conferences, and symposiums.
- Through temporary personnel arrangements, support inter-office activities with other offices.
- Develop and submit monthly invoices, assist with billing projections, and status of contracts, if applicable.
- Review, approve, and submit time sheets, expense reports, equipment logs, mileage logs, etc.
- At the completion of each construction project, and semi-annually for long-term Operation, Maintenance, and Monitoring projects, prepare and discuss field employee performance evaluations.
- Support administration group activities including Finance, Human Resources, Office Services, etc.
- Maintain a personal code of conduct that reflects company philosophy, policy and procedures, and sets the standard for all staff members.
- Demonstrate by approach to decision making and interaction with staff that the company has high standards of excellence, plans for strategic long-term growth, and respects the individual efforts of its employees.
- Work to maintain/improve morale through involvement of employees (as appropriate) in the decision making process, on-the-job training, outside training, and establishment of long-term opportunities for staff members.
- Degree in engineering, science, or construction engineering preferred but not required based on experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant construction experience required. Landfill experienced is preferred.
- 40 hour Health and Safety, 8 hour Management and Supervisor, OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120, Confined Space Entry, and Trenching Excavation Safety training preferred.
- Experience or demonstrated high degree of aptitude in mechanical work; analytical problem solving and data analysis; interpretation of plans, specifications, schematics, manufacturers manuals, system operation and maintenance manuals; interpretation of applicable codes and regulations.
- Valid drivers license with a driving record in good standing required
As a growing firm, we offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K, and employer-funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Student Debt Employer Contribution Program
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Company trucks for certain Field Technician positions