100 Sonneborn Ln Petrolia, PA 16050
Position provides engineering for support for plant improvement projects, process safety improvements under MOC guidelines and other engineering duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Requires an uncompromising attitude toward safe work performance and environmental impact of the organization, its employees and those who visit.
- Responsible for project engineering, technical assistance, process engineering design and process development depending on assigned area of focus.
- Develop up-to-date process flow diagrams, process and instrumentation drawings and equipment/piping specifications.
- Ensure timely and cost justified completion of all projects.
- Coordinate all outside and inside resources as appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of OSHA, Environmental and other regulations as they pertain to assigned projects.
- Follow MOC and other required documentation procedures for projects assigned.
- Develop material and energy balances.
- Coordinate projects with Electrical, Mechanical and Process engineers as needed.
- Train in and work with Process Engineering to serve as back-up in the Hydro Plant and to assist with turnarounds and projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’ s degree in specific engineering discipline (i.e. chemical, mechanical, electrical, etc.) with a 3.0 GPA or higher from an accredited university.
- 3-7 years of experience in a similar industry.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong motivation to accomplish goals as well as an ability to work independently and as a team member diverse work force.
- Proficiency in the of programs including Word, Excel, SAP, CAD.
- Familiarity with APE and ASME Standards.
- Experience in Chemicals, Petrochemicals and Manufacturing/Industrial.
- SAP Experience.
- Experience in unionized environment.
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors.
- Requires lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Requires walking, standing, climbing ladders and stairs.
Most Frequent Interactions:
- Interacts with plant leadership and all employees in the department.
- Key department interactions include accounting, EHS, HR, and operations.
- Interacts closely with vendors and contractors.