Project Scheduler (MS Project)
639 Loyola Ave. New Orleans, Louisiana 70113 | Contract
Responsible for developing and maintaining project schedules for key programs with MS Project. Schedules will need to be set up with version control to easily enable ' scenarios' to be played, thus adjusting the entire schedule. There will be multiple projects within the programs. A program schedule will also be required. ETC' s will need to be calculated from the schedule, and estimated into a remaining project price.
Project Controller responsibilities include maintaining the cost baseline separating actuals and ETC' s. Labor will be separated for us the customer, contractor, and Entergy. Non labor costs will need to be tracked. Costs will need to be separated by each project, again with a program view. An associated price will be required for each ' scenario' if the results are different. All details will need to be provided in a format for regular project reporting requirements.
- Excellent project scheduling skills required.
- Requires 3+ years project scheduling experience with MS Project both at the individual level and at the enterprise level.
- Experience with MS Project 2010 and PWA is required.
- Bachelor' s degree in a relevant technical field with 3+ years of experience working on projects and programs, with at least 2 years serving successfully in positions as task lead experience.
- Strong communication skills: writing, listening, speaking, comfortable communicating in front of all levels within the organizational boundaries including customers.
- Experience providing status reporting to customers or high levels of management.
- Analytical skills, able to define root cause, decipher through multiple factors pertaining to issues.