Purchasing & Scheduling Manager
2926 W. Pendleton Ave Santa Ana, CA 92704
- Responsibilities include sourcing, procurement, receipt & distribution of stock and job-specific items & services.
- Effective job performance requires specific competence & familiarity with:
- Reviewing Engineering CAD drawings for sheet metal & tube steel fabrication (including tolerances & material properties)
- The ability to manage vendors
- Schedule work in the shop to meet project shipment goals
- The PSM coordinates with Operations and Production to ensure commonly used items are always on hand and with Operations & Engineering to ensure that special items are ordered and received “ just-in-time” (JIT) to minimize inventory costs and keep Production humming.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Inventory Control:
- Become familiar with and understand the purpose of items commonly used in fabrication.
- Regularly review & update the Inventory List with Production Staff and Operations Management
- Ensure “ old parts” are removed and recycled and “ current parts” are shelved with accurate reorder points established with and monitored by Production Staff.
- Just-In-Time Purchasing & Receiving:
- Review item requisition orders & BOMs with Engineering & Production to verify accuracy.
- Confirm vendor lead times will meet scheduling needs
- Report daily status/issues to Operations.
- Proactively investigate/test/implement alternative purchase options to meet scheduling and budget targets.
- Create purchase orders (POs) in QuickBooks (QB), email vendors, confirm receipts, receive & QC goods.
- Regularly follow up with Vendors, ensuring delivery dates are met.
- Verify received goods & services match quality, accuracy and quantities ordered.
- For any given item that is purchased, there may be several, potential vendors/suppliers, even product types.
- If, in reviewing the CAD Design, alternate suppliers and/or comparable products may be acceptable (work), actively investigate alternative options based upon price/delivery/performance.
- Document and report findings back to Project Management Team.
- Stock/Distribute Received Parts:
- Coordinate with Production & Operations about whether shelve, bin, send out for finishing or immediately distribute received parts upon receipt & QC.
- Process Paperwork & Manage Information:
- Actively and accurately manage vendor & item information in QB
- Create & receive POs in QB and submit signed, vendor packing lists (with corresponding PO’ s) to Accounting on a daily basis to ensure timely vendor payment processing.
- Production Scheduling:
- Actively track orders through our order cycle system
- Ordering & coordinating receipt of purchased parts & services to meet critical path, Production & Invoicing/Shipping targets.
- Communicate with Sales & Operations & Engineering & Production
- Formulate and update Production Schedules accordingly.
- Provide Daily Status Reports to Operations about In-House Job Progress and Strategize to Resolve Scheduling conflicts.