2400 Charles Street Wellsburg, WV 26070
Our client is seeking a Purchasing Manager who can analyze current buying systems and create best methods for day-to-day purchasing operations, both domestically and worldwide. Responsible for overseeing purchasing department, establishing goals based on inventory needs and sales projections and working in a fast-paced lean manufacturing environment.
- Coordination and communication of inbound shipments with shipping companies, suppliers, railroad and production plant.
- Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business.
- Determine Strategic Make vs. Buy Business Decision Modeling for the organization.
- Monthly Material Cost/Commodity Market Reviews with President/CEO.
- Communicate product engineering change orders to supplier production sites so that all product is the same regardless of where produced.
- Review product design with engineers for proper communication and implementation into company factories.
- Coordinate the ordering, pulling and packaging of components for shipment to all production sites.
- Negotiate costs, terms and inventory levels with suppliers.
- Shipped component monthly reconciliation with factory and communication with accounting for invoicing.
- Establish reorder point for steel coils/flat stock and resin base production requirements.
- Support scheduling with production requirements.
- Manage steel service center slitting operations with company' s demand requirements.
- Plan material requirements with all 3rd party manufacturers.
- Manage resin base production requirements via purchase orders and the delivery of materials by rail and/or commercial trucking.
- Lead in creating profitable ways to manage obsolete and slow-moving inventory.
- Collaborate with inventory control and sales to balance inventory.
Strategic Growth Planning:
- Research current supplier base to verify that their capabilities and cost are consistent with annual corporate operating plan.
- Review domestic and worldwide production capabilities and manufacturing trends to understand future manufacturing operating bases.
- Search for potential new sourcing options and joint purchase opportunities within group of companies to optimize cost savings on volume purchases.
- Review raw material quality reports and product quality manuals and communicate corrective action requests, suggestions and requirements with supplier.
- Review, coordinate, and communicate quality inspections on supplier raw material, components, subassemblies and assemblies with in-house quality staff, and conduct on-site supplier audits.
Integration Process Support:
- Answer questions, provide advice and assistance to company factories regarding processes, production issues, changes, etc.
- Travel to review product and component requirements with company employees and offshore factory personnel.
- Interface with marketing and engineering for new product implementation.
Department and Personnel Management:
- Establishes a chain of command for all requisitions, paperwork, and receiving documents; provides purchase level guidelines based on staff experience and area of specialty.