Purchasing and Facilities Manager
3670 Rebecca Lane Colorado Springs, CO 80917
Responsible for procuring commodities, through development and implementation of commodity strategy plans. Other areas of responsibility include price negotiation, planning, contract review and negotiation.
- Essential to have good communication skills both verbally and through electronic email.
- Manage Site Manager and Corporate Headquarters purchases for the creation of Purchase Orders.
- Maintain supplier relationships and updates supplier information.
- Maintain Supplier Data Warehouse data and submittals.
- Track and maintain supplier delivery and quality performance.
- Responsible for locating product and services and negotiating the best possible prices with selected vendors and service providers.
- Review and negotiation of contracts.
- Responsible for the organizations small business utilization program, including identification of small business qualified businesses, negotiation of contracts and purchases with small business to fulfill the company’ s small business goals.
- Will work closely with the SBLO (Small Business Liaison Officer).
- Preparation and submittal of Small Business Report to the government on a bi-annually basis.
- Receiving items into the purchasing software system.
- Manage credit card purchase program & integration in to Arriba Purchasing system.
- Manage company travel program.
- Maintain company HazMat registrations and reporting.
- Maintain vehicle records and licensing requirements.
- Work with shipping and freight forwarder vendors to assure reasonable pricing, compliance with regulations and on time delivery of goods.
- Create, update and maintain compliance with approved purchasing procedures.
- Create, update and maintain training guides for purchasing software applications.
- Compliance with and maintenance of purchasing related ISO processes and procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating building maintenance in Colorado Springs.
- Ability to build cross functional relationships with all levels of management.
- Maintaining/Implementing Corporate Purchasing procedures and rules at Aviation sites.
- Act as Customs/Traffic Compliance Officer for Doss including implementation of required policies.
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’ s Degree with 5-8 years purchasing experience in defense contract industry or the equivalent in years of experience.